|Type of business
||San Francisco, California, U.S.
||Konrad Feldman - CEO and co-founder
Sam Barnett - SVP Growth
Peter Sirota - SVP Engineering
Michael Blum - SVP Business and Legal Affairs
Sandra McDevitt - SVP People and Places
Jag Duggal - SVP Product Management
Jim Kelly - VP R&D
Imad Tareen - CFO
||SaaS/PaaS (Software-as-a-Service / Platform-as-a-Service))
||Know Ahead. Act Before.
|| 2,631 (April 2014 )
Quantcast is an American technology company, founded in 2006, that specializes in audience measurement and real-time advertising. The company offers public access to traffic and demographic data for millions of web sites and detailed user insights to digital publishers enrolled in its Quantified Publisher Program. Their data centers process more than 800,000 transactions per second and the company states that it produces accurate audience measurement to over 100 million web destinations. As of 2013, it was said to be one of the world's top five big data processing organisations. Its headquarters is in San Francisco, with offices in the United States, Canada, Australia, Singapore, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, and Sweden.
Quantcast was launched in 2006 by entrepreneurs Konrad Feldman and Paul Sutter. Calling themselves "The World's Only Open Internet Ratings Service", Quantcast were the first rating company to rely largely on direct measurement (as opposed to the traditional panel based method pioneered by Nielsen).
Quantcast was initially backed by $6 million in venture capital funding. In January 2008, a series B funding round raised an additional $20 million from investors Founders Fund and Revolution Ventures. The company was built on the belief that digital advertising requires reliable data to be successful, so initially the primary aim was to gather detailed insights into audience characteristics. By placing tags on websites, blogs, videos and widgets, the firm measures things like audience age and gender makeup, areas of interest and type, length and frequency of their engagement with certain types of content. This information is generally made publicly available to be used by digital publishers to accurately understand their visitors and better position themselves to advertisers.
In 2010, Quantcast's Publisher Program was the first syndicated online traffic measurement service to receive official accreditation from the Media Rating Council (MRC). Quantcast received accreditation for its site-centric data, which means the product complies with the Interactive Advertising Bureau's advertising impression and audience reach measurement guidelines.
In 2013, the company acquired MakeGood Software, a Seattle-based advertising technology startup, founded in 2009, that simplifies data management and reporting for online advertising campaigns. The technology was subsequently integrated with Quantcast Advertise to enhance the reporting functions available for Quantcast campaigns. This nudged the company closer towards competition in the ad effectiveness category, which includes companies like comScore.
In 2013, the company added Measure for Mobile Apps, a tool that collects data on the usage of a publisher's iOS and Android apps to provide a cross-platform view in its analytics service. In 2014, Quantcast acquired Struq for an undisclosed sum.
In 2017, Quantcast hired Steven Wolfe Pereira, as its chief marketing officer. In November 2017, Quantcast partnered with applied analytics and AI firm Quantium
Quantcast offers three main products:
- Quantcast Audience Grid: Audience grid uses information from data collectors such as Oracle Datalogix, TiVo Research, and Mastercard to provide insights into the shopping habits, product ownership, lifestyle habits and interests of internet users.
- Quantcast Advertise: Uses Quantcast's first-party cookie to target online advertisements to highly qualified internet viewers based on their browsing habits. 
- Quantcast Measure: Allows publishers and websites to place the Quantcast tracking pixel onto their website to generate detailed demographic insights, as well as model-based insights into the shopping, media, and business habits of the site's visitors. 
- 2013 OnMedia 100 Top Private Companies - B2B: Advertising Analytics
- 2012 WIRED Magazine: The 10 San Francisco Tech Companies You Wish You Worked For
- 2012 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies
- 2011 OnMedia 100 Top Private Companies - B2B: Advertising Analytics
- 2011 Business Insider Digital 100: Quantcast Ranked #54
- 2010 Fast Company Most Innovative Companies - Web
- 2016 Quantcast partnered with IAB Europe, IAB UK and the ANAs to create an educational program for industry professionals to understand the language, tools, and processes of the online advertising ecosystem. 
- ^ "Quantcast - Company". Retrieved .
- ^ Vascellaro, Jessica E. (2009-07-06). "Quantcast Shakes up Ad-Targeting model". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved .
- ^ "Quantcast.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved .
- ^ Rogers, Bruce. "Quantcast Is Working To Transform Advertising". Forbes. Retrieved .
- ^ Quantcast Passes $100M Run-Rate, Lands Senior Hires As Ads Business Booms. TechCrunch (2013-04-17). Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- ^ Quantcast to create 100 Dublin jobs - RTÉ News. Rte.ie (2013-02-21). Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- ^ Google VP Julio Pekarovic Departs To Become CFO At Quantcast. TechCrunch (2010-05-11). Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- ^ "About Quantcast | Quantcast". Quantcast. Retrieved .
- ^ Konrad Feldman: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek. Investing.businessweek.com (2005-02-01). Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- ^ "Media Planning". mediasmith.com.
- ^ http://www.econ.ucla.edu/sboard/teaching/tech/Quantcast.pdf
- ^ "Quantcast to Build Products, Staff with $20 Million Funding Round". clickz.com. Retrieved .
- ^ "Audience Measurement Firms Race To The Finish Line -- But Not There Yet -- Tech News and Analysis". gigaom.com. 2010-06-14. Retrieved .
- ^ Quantcast Acquires Startup MakeGood To Improve Ad Data Aggregation. TechCrunch (2013-01-08). Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- ^ Kaplan, David. (2013-01-08) Quantcast Acquires Ad Effectiveness Analyst MakeGood Software. Adexchanger.com. Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- ^ Quantcast buys Seattle online ad startup MakeGood Software. GeekWire. Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- ^ Quantcast Adds Mobile App Data, Promises A Truly Cross-Platform View In Its Analytics Service. TechCrunch (2013-03-21). Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- ^ "Quantcast Acquires Ad Personalization And Retargeting Company Struq". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ "Movers & Shakers: House of Fraser, Quantcast, Visualsoft, Lobster, Verto, S3 | Mobile Marketing Magazine". Retrieved .
- ^ "Steven Wolfe Pereira Joins Quantcast and Its AI Drive". Retrieved .
- ^ "Quantcast Expands Aussie Presence Through New Deal With Quantium - B&T". B&T. 2017-11-02. Retrieved .
- ^ "Audience Grid | Quantcast". Quantcast. Retrieved .
- ^ "Quantcast Advertise | Quantcast". Quantcast. Retrieved .
- ^ "Audience Insights & Analytics | Quantcast Measure". Quantcast. Retrieved .
- ^ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 15, 2013. Retrieved 2013.
- ^ Wohlsen, Marcus (2012-10-30). "The 10 San Francisco Tech Companies You Wish You Worked For". Wired.
- ^ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on February 25, 2013. Retrieved 2013.
- ^ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 1, 2013. Retrieved 2013.
- ^ "Most Valuable Startups 2011 Digital 100 Complete 1-100 List - Business Insider". Business Insider. 21 September 2011.
- ^ "Most Innovated Companies - Web". Fast Company. 11 February 2010.
- ^ "Real-Time Advertising Academy".