Learn SEO in Plain English - Step by Step! Buy the Workbook Used at Stanford Continuing Studies to Teach Search Engine Optimization 2017.
- Get the 2017 Updated Edition - understand the current Search Engine Algorithms
- Read the Reviews - compare the REAL REVIEWS of this book to the FAKE (?) REVIEWS of other books
- Optimize your Website - learn ON PAGE SEO tactics to build an SEO-FRIENDLY WEBSITE.
- Learn Link-building - master the art of getting inbound links, blog mentions, and social authority.
- Watch Videos - view step-by-step companion VIDEOS that SHOW you how to do SEO.
- Use the Worksheets - download WORKSHEETS that guide you step-by-step to search engine optimization success.
- Measure via Metrics - navigate the complexities of GOOGLE ANALYTICS.
- Access Free Tools - access the companion SEO TOOLBOOK with hundreds of free tools for search engine optimization, a $29.99 value!
The #1 Bestselling Workbook on Search Engine Optimization
- Jason McDonald - written by a successful practitioner of SEO. Just Google 'SEO Expert Bay Area' or 'SEO Expert Witness'. He's there at the top!
- Stanford University - used by Dr. McDonald in his courses, both online and on campus, at Stanford University's Continuing Studies
- An Easy to Follow Method - written in PLAIN ENGLISH for MERE MORTALS. Learn how to do SEO step by step.
- Got Questions? - just Google 'Jason McDonald' and send a quick email or call.
- Rebate Offer - each SEO Book 2017 contains a $10 off survey offer.
The author, Jason McDonald, has instructed thousands of people in his classes in the San Francisco Bay Area, including Stanford Continuing Studies, as well as online. Jason speaks in simple English and uses the metaphor of “The Seven Steps to SEO Fitness” to explain to you how to 'get SEO fit.'
Table of Contents
- Goals: Define Your SEO Goals
- Keywords: Identify Winnable, High Value SEO Keywords
- On Page SEO: Optimize Your Website to 'Speak Google' via Page Tabs, your home page, and structural elements
- Content Marketing: Learn to produce content that pleases Google and your customers
- Off Page SEO: Build links, leverage social media, and go local. Includes detailed 'Local SEO' information for local businesses!
- Metrics: Master Google Analytics
- Learn: Pointers to SEO Tools and Online Resources
Check out the other 2017 SEO Books on Amazon - SEO For Dummies, SEO for Growth, SEO Book, SEO Like I'm 5 etc., - they're great, they're good, but they don't include powerful step-by-step worksheets, links to online videos, and the free SEO Toolbook with hundreds of free tools for search engine optimization 2017. Listed on many SEO book lists as one of the best books SEO books of 2017.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #54519 in Books
- Published on: 2016-11-20
- Original language:
- Dimensions: 11.00" h x
.56" w x
- Binding: Paperback
- 246 pages
About the Author
Author Jason McDonald has been active on the Internet since 1994 and has taught SEO, AdWords, and Social Media since 2009 – online, at Stanford University Continuing Studies, at both AcademyX and the Bay Area Video Coalition in San Francisco, at workshops, and in corporate trainings across these United States. His passion is to take complex marketing topics such as SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and make them easy-to-understand for small business owners and marketers. His style is practical, hands-on, and fun. He received his Ph.D. in 1992 from the University of California, Berkeley, and his B.A. from Harvard University in 1985. When he’s not surfing the Internet, Jason can be found being trained by his black Lab, Buddy, across the highways and byways of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Most helpful customer reviews
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful.
If You Buy This Book, You Won't Need Another SEO Book!
I ordered SEO Fitness Workbook 3 days ago.I also purchased the digital version which I got immediately. On the day I finished the digital version, the hard copy arrived. This book was written very well for people like me, a neophyte. Jason obviously understands the perplexing concepts of SEO and he breaks it down to the level of a 6th grader. I have many books on the subject and most of them left me with more questions that had no answers. Aside from a well written book, Dr. McDonald makes himself available to answer questions. I emailed him a question late at night and got my answer (clearly explained) within an hour! I thought to myself,"was he waiting for me to ask a question?" Look! If you are searching for the bible of SEO, Here It Is
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
SEO FItness Workbook For 2017
By Rhonda G. Jackson
SEO Fitness Workbook: 2017 Edition: The Seven Steps to Search Engine Optimization Success on Google
Everything from A-Z is covered in this 2017 SEO Fitness Workbook to benefit your website. It is a workbook because there are work sheets in the book "TO DO." The work sheets give you a more hands on approach for learning SEO for your website.This is what I like about the 2017 SEO Fitness Workbook is the work sheets. You get down to the nitty gritty of SEO and really think about what your website and what you are doing with your business. You are getting an education in SEO with this workbook.
In the process of learning more about SEO, keywords, and links you will glean suggestions for your business that you may not have thought about had you not picked up the 2017 SEO Fitness Workbook to use. There are links in the workbook to use for watching videos in each chapter to understand better the process being explained.
The 2017 SEO Fitness Workbool covers Social Media. We all can use more understanding about Social Media! There is a separate book for Social Media that simply goes hand in hand with the SEO Fitness Workbook entitled "Social Media: 2017 Marketing Tools for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram & Beyond" to help with social media.
If you have a blog, you will enjoy the chapters on blogging and keywords to help you with the content of your blog. The 2017 SEO Fitness Workbook is a must have if you are serious about your online business for content, traffic and more! I highly recommend this SEO Fitness Workbook to everyone who has an online business!
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
See all 141 customer reviews...
Another great small business tool in the tool kit
By J. Mielke
This book is a great resource for the small business person. A lot of business manuals get so bogged down in tech speak that it goes right over the head of someone not tech savvy (I am or of those people). This book gets down to my level and breaks down SEO optimization into steps I can easily follow and understand.
This book is thorough, but succinct. However, I have one caveat. The author gives assignments along the way, so to get the biggest benefit from the book I highly recommend doing the work alongside the author. If you intend to just read the book and not do the work, I think you miss out on the full benefit of the author's knowledge. This book is very much like a college class, you get out what you put in.
The screenshots are wonderful tools to follow along with and make sure I am on the right track. The kindle version also has links to follow, something that might be lost in book format.