Attract, engage, and delight customers online
Inbound Marketing, Revised and Updated: Attract, Engage, and Delight Customers Online is a comprehensive guide to increasing online visibility and engagement. Written by top marketing and startup bloggers, the book contains the latest information about customer behavior and preferred digital experiences. From the latest insights on lead nurturing and visual marketing to advice on producing remarkable content by building tools, readers will gain the information they need to transform their marketing online.
With outbound marketing methods becoming less effective, the time to embrace inbound marketing is now. Cold calling, e-mail blasts, and direct mail are turning consumers off to an ever-greater extent, so consumers are increasingly doing research online to choose companies and products that meet their needs. Inbound Marketing recognizes these behavioral changes as opportunities, and explains how marketers can make the most of this shift online. This not only addresses turning strangers into website visitors, but explains how best to convert those visitors to leads, and to nurture those leads to the point of becoming delighted customers.
Gain the insight that can increase marketing value with topics like:
- Inbound marketing – strategy, reputation, and tracking progress
- Visibility – getting found, and why content matters
- Converting customers – turning prospects into leads and leads into customers
- Better decisions – picking people, agencies, and campaigns
The book also contains essential tools and resources that help build an effective marketing strategy, and tips for organizations of all sizes looking to build a reputation. When consumer behaviors change, marketing must change with them. The fully revised and updated edition of Inbound Marketing is a complete guide to attracting, engaging, and delighting customers online.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #49852 in Books
- Brand: Brian Halligan Dharmesh Shah
- Published on: 2014-09-02
- Original language:
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 8.90" h x
.60" w x
- Binding: Paperback
- 224 pages
- Inbound Marketing Revised and Updated Attract Engage and Delight Customers Online
Covering everything from website design to creating strategy, the book is a well-written and (somewhat) entertaining take on how to use the web to create a successful sales strategy (Entrepreneur Middle East, January 2015)
From the Back Cover
This fully updated and revised edition of Inbound Marketing builds on the enormous international success of the book that launched the inbound marketing movement. It provides the new playbook you need to get more free traffic from Google, build a business blog, create a social media following and analyze which of your marketing efforts are working.
With coverage of updated Search Engine Optimization tactics and the latest tools to build a social media following, marketing experts and HubSpot founders Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah provide detailed advice on how to get found online and convert visitors to leads and customers.
This fully updated edition includes new material??on the impact social media has on search and also provides a high-level overview of what viral marketing actually is. Inside you’ll find:
- New sections on visual content, tools as content, and Google+
- A new chapter on viral marketing for mere mortals
- A bonus section on startup/entrepreneurial marketing
With Inbound Marketing, you'll gain access to insights from thousands of companies that have seen the power of this new model work for their own companies.
“If you’ve been looking for a trustworthy primer on getting found online, here’s a great place to start. Buy one for your clueless colleague too.”
—SETH GODIN, author of Meatball Sundae
About the Author
BRIAN HALLIGAN is cofounder & CEO of HubSpot, an inbound marketing and sales software company that helps businesses transform how they get found and grow online. Brian also teaches Entrepreneurial Product Development and Marketing as a Senior Lecturer at MIT. Connect with Brian on Twitter @bhalligan.
DHARMESH SHAH is cofounder & CTO of HubSpot and an angel investor in over 50 technology startups. Dharmesh also authors OnStartups.com, a popular startup blog with over 400,000 members in its community, and is a frequent speaker on the topic of startups and marketing. Connect with Dharmesh on Twitter @dharmesh.
Most helpful customer reviews
13 of 13 people found the following review helpful.
Complete primer on lead generation and nurturing
By Jim Barry
For social media marketing courses aimed at lead generation and nurturing, Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah offer a complete primer on the subject. Their Inbound Marketing book provides a cradle-to-grave formula for applying social channels, SEO and content marketing as a substitute for outdated outbound marketing techniques.
The book, in my opinion, qualifies academically as a primary reading for select undergraduate level courses focused on lead nurturing. The recommendation is based on the following:
1) As pioneers in the field, the authors provide a convincing argument why marketing should be taught using non-interrupting, permissive approaches to trust building. Especially at a time when scholars and practitioners are bombarded with complex optimization strategies, brand storytelling trends, ever changing mobile marketing strategies and costly engagement tactics, this book serves as a refresher as to why we got here in the first place. Concepts like building remarkable content, using your website as a marketing hub, designing effective landing pages and strategic placing the right calls to action are often lost in today’s overcrowded library of content marketing books.
2) The book is well organized to fit a funnel strategy especially useful for sales personnel. Early chapters deal with getting found by prospects through quality content, social media and legitimate SEO tactics. Subsequent chapters take readers through the sales conversion process while updating us on visual content and software tools. Most books take the opposite approach, thereby making the case for revenue generation rather weak. This book’s focus on attracting, tracking and building trust at the right stage in a buyer’s decision cycle is a far better approach to convincing skeptical social media adopters that inbound marketing produces results.
3) As experienced marketing automation providers, Halligan and Shah offer credible and proven examples of tracking and advancing prospects through the sales funnel.
4) The book is one of few oriented to entrepreneurs seeking start-up adoption of inbound marketing.
9 of 10 people found the following review helpful.
Not really about inbound marketing so much as basics like setting up a Facebook profile and blogging with Wordpress
EXTREMELY basic details for newbies only. Not really about inbound marketing so much as basics like setting up a Facebook profile and blogging with Wordpress.
Also doubles as an advertisement for various other online services and sites from the author.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
See all 61 customer reviews...
Excellent book on the newest generation of marketing.
I like that the book gives real life examples how why inbound marketing works. I read it as a refresher.
Highly recommended to any type of marketer. Outbound marketing is so intrusive. Inbound not only makes sense but the leads from it are warm and already know about you and how you can help.
Cannot wait for the next book.