Learn Social Media Marketing in Plain English - Step by Step! Buy the Workbook Used at Stanford Continuing Studies to Teach Social Media Marketing for business.
- JUNE 2017 UPDATED EDITION - all info verified, and a NEW chapter on Instagram, plus revisions on LinkedIn
- Read the Reviews - compare the REAL REVIEWS of this book to the FAKE (?) REVIEWS of other books
- Learn to Market Your Business on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and all major Social Media Marketing platforms
- Watch Videos - view step-by-step companion VIDEOS that SHOW you how to do SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- Use the Worksheets - download WORKSHEETS that guide you step-by-step to social media success.
- Access Free Tools - access the companion SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING TOOLBOOK with hundreds of free tools for social media marketing, a $29.99 value!
The #1 Bestselling Workbook on Social Media Marketing for Business
- Jason McDonald - written by a successful practitioner of SMM. Check Jason out on YouTube, or download his free Social Media Marketing Toolbook
- Stanford University - used by Dr. McDonald in his courses, both online and on campus, at Stanford University's Continuing Studies
- Got Questions? - just Google 'Jason McDonald' and send a quick email or call.
- Rebate Offer - each Social Media Marketing Book 2017 contains a $10 off survey offer.
The author, Jason McDonald, has instructed thousands of people in his classes in the San Francisco Bay Area, including Stanford Continuing Studies, as well as online.
Table of Contents
- Party On - Social Media Marketing – an overview to social media marketing at a conceptual level.
- Content Marketing – how to conceptualize the type of content you need for your social media marketing efforts and build a content production machine.
- Facebook – how to market your business on Facebook including some basic principles of Facebook advertising.
- LinkedIn – how to use the world’s largest B2b network for your business, including advertising opportunities.
- Twitter – an explanation of whether you should tweet, and if you do, how to use Twitter effectively for business marketing.
- Instagram – how Instagram is like Twitter with pictures, how to market on Instagram, and even a very brief comparison of Instagram to Snapchat.
- YouTube – a deep dive into the business side of YouTube, often hidden behind cat videos and Rihanna or Miley Cyrus gyrations gone viral.
- Pinterest – the most effective social media for eCommerce stores and retailers, do-it-yourselfers, and those serving the female shopping demographic such as wedding photographers.
- Yelp, Google My Business, and Reviews – how the “Review Revolution” is impacting local businesses, and how to use Yelp, Google My Business (formerly Google+), and other review sites to promote your business via reviews.
- Epilogue – the “new” new kids on the block: Snapchat, Tumblr, Amazon, and new ways to go social and go marketing.
Compare with: Social Media for Dummies, Social Media Marketing in a Day, Social Media Marketing for Dummies, The Art of Social Media (Guy Kawasaki), and Chaos Monkeys (Antonio Garcia Marquez). The Social Media Marketing Workbook is listed on many lists of the best social media marketing book for 2017. Buy it today!
About the Author
Author Jason McDonald has been active on the Internet since 1994 and has taught SEO, AdWords, and Social Media since 2009 – online, at Stanford University Continuing Studies, at both AcademyX and the Bay Area Video Coalition in San Francisco, at workshops, and in corporate trainings across these United States. His passion is to take complex marketing topics such as social media marketing and make them easy-to-understand for small business owners and marketers. His style is practical, hands-on, and fun. He received his Ph.D. in 1992 from the University of California, Berkeley, and his B.A. from Harvard University in 1985. When he’s not surfing the Internet, Jason can be found being trained by his black Lab, Buddy, across the highways and byways of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Most helpful customer reviews
69 of 74 people found the following review helpful.
Great for beginners, but that's about it.
Apparently there is a rebate offer inside this book for writing a review of this book. The nice thing though, is it doesn't have to be good. You get the rebate regardless. So, I'll give it to you straight up:
The book is easy to follow.
It's great for beginners (if you are a beginner that's a pro)
It covers the main social platforms of today
There are a lot of noted resources for support
The book is only the basics
The book does not dive into how to make money using social media, just how to use it. For example, it talks about Pinterest, but not how you make money doing the things you're told to do. (At least not in great detail)
The how to use it is limited to one central idea. (For example, LinkedIn is all about building a profile, but nothing about advertising)
The book isn't digital. This book would be great in a digital format wherein you could interact with it, check out the many links, etc.
If I'm unfamiliar with a specific platform, this book gives me a great, fast into to that platform. The book is awesome if you're a one-man-marketing department with a need to quickly get up to speed. As a professor, I probably wouldn't use this book because of it's basic nature, but as an entrepreneur with a small business I see the application.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
Get Started or Improve you Social Media Presence With Tips From this Book
By Kelly Jean
I very much like this book. The layout is easy to read and navigate. I like that it is offered in both Kindle and pdf formats (as well as others).
The live links in the pdf are helpful and make using the exercises much easier. Being able to go immediately and directly to the examples, resources and exercises allows the reader/learner to completely immerse oneself in the subject.
The division by social media type allows the reader to deeply delve into the platform they want to work on first, i.e. facebook, youTube, LinkedIn etc. By dividing this way the marketer can get one platform up and running strong and then begin building and working on the others.
This is a great book for the beginner social marketer, business owner or seasoned marketer. The beginner will get the tools and information needed to begin their journey in social marketing, while the more seasoned or experienced marketer (like myself) can glean nuggets of information to strengthen and expand what they are already doing.
8 of 9 people found the following review helpful.
See all 168 customer reviews...
Just the Right Amount of Information for Social Media Marketing
By Robert Dale Dibello
This workbook is giving me just the right amount of information about using social media for marketing my small architecture firm. The content is a perfect mix of theory and practice, providing a framework for understanding social media marketing and achievable steps for actually putting it into practice.
The author starts by giving a high level overview of how to think about social media marketing in a chapter titled Party On. As he states, the chapter explains the "distinction between 'attending' the social media party and 'throwing' the social media."
He then moves into chapters on Facebook Marketing, LinkedIn Marketing, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Yelp & Google Local, and an Epilogue. These chapters never send you deep into-the-weeds on needlessly technical details, but do bring you up-to-speed quickly and give you clear TODOs and step-by-step instructions. There are also pertinent tools and resources near the end of each chapter.
I like the straightforward presentation of the material in each chapter. The tone is upbeat and humorous.
My only constructive critique is that the cover photo seems at odds with the content. Although the image does show the "can-do" attitude of the book, it does not really convey the business side of it.
I have never given social media marketing much thought, but this workbook is actually making it interesting and easily accessible. I am very happy with this purchase. It is meeting my needs exactly. Note: I was given a free "review copy" of the workbook.