Build and test professional Python web applications
About This Book
- Understand the web application penetration testing methodology and toolkit
- Create and use your own custom middleware for a Django app
- Become a Python security professional by getting an in-depth understanding of the process behind web application security testing
- Develop your Python knowledge to get ahead of the game for web testing and expand your skillset to other testing areas
Who This Book Is For
- If you want to build upon your existing Python knowledge and get job-ready, then this is the course for you. It focuses on two highly sought after specialist areas; web development and penetration testing.
- By combining coverage like this we’re able to guide you through the entire stack step-by-step, so you build real world exposure in a way that mirrors how the professionals work in the real world.
- You should be familiar with Python syntax and data structures.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to build and structure efficient Python web applications
- Create and use your own custom middleware for Django web apps
- Conduct end-to-end web application penetration testing in a live environment
- Stay relevant by laying the groundwork for further penetration testing exposure
This course makes use of Django, which is one of the world's leading web development frameworks.
We start off by learning about class-based views, so that you can start building pages that respond to specific requests and URL structures.
Have you ever wanted to build a complete REST API? Our next step is to do just that. Starting out with basic read-only functionality, we'll also add key-based authentication so that we can properly implement a CRUD feature set.
The latter part of the course will start with an overview of the web application penetration testing methodology.
We don't just cover the background to penetration testing. You'll also learn how to write and develop your own custom tooling and reference scripts to save you time, just like the professionals.
Style and approach
This carefully structured course combines text, video and assessment content. It focuses on Python, starting out with core coverage of the Django framework. The latter sections then detail how you can take your web application and run it through a suite of comprehensive tests that prepare it for real-world security threats and exploits.
You'll understand how to build web applications properly, in a manner that lets you test and improve them responsibly to a professional standard.
This course combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
- Mastering Django Web Development [Video] by Kevin Veroneau and Matthew Nuzum
- Python Web Penetration Testing Cookbook by Cameron Buchanan et al.
- Learning Python Web Penetration Testing [Video] by Christian Martorella