Want an overview of content marketing strategy and web presence management? Check out the infographic: http://www.conductor.com/blog/2014/09/infographic-content-marketers-guide-web-presence-management/
Research shows that 9/10 marketers have a content marketing strategy, but just 30% are effective. So why does a content marketing strategy fail? Simply put: the content focuses too much on the brand, and not on the pain points and daily realities of their customers.
In this marketing conference presentation, Joe Pulizzi, founder of the Content Marketing Institute, talks about how to turn a brand-centric content marketing strategy into one thatâs a powerful acquisition channel that churns out real ROI.
Marketers are familiar with the definition of a content marketing strategy: creating valuable, relevant, compelling content on a consistent basis to a targeted audience to see a profitable action. But what we want to do as content marketers is a little different â itâs all about building audiences who will know, like, and trust us over time. In other words, marketers need to change the way they communicate with their customers through the content they create, ultimately creating better customers for their brands.
In this presentation on content strategy in 2015, Joe Pulizzi covers six practical content marketing strategy steps that apply whether youâre in small business marketing, or youâre on an enterprise marketing team.
1) Find your sweet spot: choose your niche and focus on the conversation you want to own. (Go to 09:01 )
2) Discover your content tilt: Take that niche and establish your unique angle (âtiltâ) that helps you cut through the clutter and differentiate you from your content marketing competitors. (Go to 13:01 )
3) Build the base: combine content type + platform + consistent delivery + time to create your base of content. (Go to 23:15 )
4) Harvest your audience: build your own subscribers so that you have control over your content marketing audience base. (Go to 28:45 )
5) Diversify: aim to engage your audience on at least 3 different content touchpoints (Go to 37:37 )
6) Monetize: use your data to understand the difference between those who convert and those who do not. (Go to 43:16 )
C3 is a marketing conference held in New York City annual, focused on the art and science of acquiring customers with organic digital media and web presence management. Learn more about the C3 marketing conference here: http://www.conductor.com/c3
Explore Conductorâs Web Presence Management technology here: http://www.conductor.com
Led Digital Marketing Efforts of Top 500 e-Retailers.
Worked with Top Brands at Leading Agencies.
Successfully Managed Over $50 million in Digital Ad Spend.
Developed Strategies and Processes that Enabled Brands to Grow During an Economic Downturn.
Taught Advanced Internet Marketing Strategies at the graduate level.
Your Cart 0
Manage research, learning and skills at defaultLogic. Create an account using LinkedIn or facebook to manage and organize your IT knowledge. defaultLogic works like a shopping cart for information -- helping you to save, discuss and share.