How to Create a Logo in Illustrator | Adobe Creative Cloud
Add to List Share
Learn how to turn basic shapes into logos, icons, and illustrations using the Shape Builder tool.
Start from scratch, or download practice files for a head start: https://adobe.ly/2oERk2t. Steps below.
1. Choose the Rectangle tool, then click and drag to draw.
2. Choose the Direct Selection tool, and draw a marquee to select specific corners. Drag the corner rounding widgets to their maximums to create the owlâs body shape.
3. Switch to the Selection tool, then Option/Alt+drag to duplicate the shape.
4. With the copy selected, open the Transform panel (Window - Transform) and select Scale Corners, then Shift+drag a corner handle to scale, and drag to reposition it.
5. Choose the Ellipse tool and Shift+drag to draw circles for the eye.
6. Use the Selection tool and Shift+click to select the circles and smaller teardrop shape, then Option/Alt+drag to duplicate them all at once.
7. With objects still selected, go to Object - Transform - Reflect (Vertical) to create the other half of the owlâs face. Scale up the innermost circle of the right eye.
8. Shift+click to select the eye shapes as shown, then choose the Shape Builder tool. Hold Option/Alt, then drag through shapes to subtract and create a crescent.
9. Use the Ellipse tool to draw one more circle over the owlâs body. Choose the Shape Builder tool. Hold Control/Command and click to drag across the area where the body and circle intersect, then Option/Alt+drag over the excess circle to subtract it.
10. Choose the Selection tool and Shift+click to select all the shapes youâd like to be black, then swap the stroke and fill using the arrow icon near the swatches in the Tools panel. (Optional: set the Stroke color to none.)
11. Click the owlâs wing to select it, then go to the Swatches panel to add a pop of color.
To learn more, visit our Illustrator Tutorials page: https://adobe.ly/2w7y8hW
Led Digital Marketing Efforts of Top 500 e-Retailers.
Worked with Top Brands at Leading Agencies.
Successfully Managed Over $50 million in Digital Ad Spend.
Developed Strategies and Processes that Enabled Brands to Grow During an Economic Downturn.
Taught Advanced Internet Marketing Strategies at the graduate level.
Your Cart 0
Manage research, learning and skills at defaultLogic. Create an account using LinkedIn or facebook to manage and organize your IT knowledge. defaultLogic works like a shopping cart for information -- helping you to save, discuss and share.