How to Setup Google Analytics & Install on Website (updated 2017)
Add to List Share
Follow along in this step-by-step guide to setup a Google Analytics account & install Google Analytics on your website... all in under 10 minutes.
1:18 - Setup a Google Account
2:08 - Signup for Google Analytics
5:30 - Setup Google Analytics for WordPress via MonsterInsights Plugin
9:03 - Setting up Google Analytics for MonsterInsights plugin
10:45 - Add tracking script to a custom website
11:35 - Where to find your Google Analytics tracking ID/script
13:52 - Test that Google Analytics is setup properly & collecting data
Google Analytics is a free, powerful website analytics tool that I highly recommend you install on your website. Setting up an account is free & easy, and you gain valuable information about your website visitors.
I'll show you two ways to install the Google Analytics tracking script onto your site:
1. For WordPress websites, I'll show you how to install & configure the Google Analytics for MonsterInsights plugin.
2. For static & hand-coded sites, or an alternate method for WordPress, I'll show you how to add the GA tracking script directly to your website files (or WordPress theme).
- How to setup a Google Account
- How to register for Google Analytics
- Where to find your tracking code
- How to install a popular WordPress plugin used with Google Analytics
- How to add the GA tracking script directly to your site
Led Digital Marketing Efforts of Top 500 e-Retailers.
Worked with Top Brands at Leading Agencies.
Successfully Managed Over $50 million in Digital Ad Spend.
Developed Strategies and Processes that Enabled Brands to Grow During an Economic Downturn.
Taught Advanced Internet Marketing Strategies at the graduate level.
Your Cart 0
Manage research, learning and skills at defaultLogic. Create an account using LinkedIn or facebook to manage and organize your IT knowledge. defaultLogic works like a shopping cart for information -- helping you to save, discuss and share.